My morning

For those of you who don’t know me, I absolutely hate getting up early.  I got up early for years for work and now, if it’s not important, I’m not getting up before 8 am.

So, today I got up at 5:20 in the morning.  Brushed my teeth, let the dog out, got dressed, and then headed down to the clinic to make a doctors appointment.  They open at 6 am and it’s first come first serve and the first appointment is at 7 am.  There was already a line when I got there at 5:35 am.  I got my appointment for 8, but they assign four people to each hour slot and I was in the last slot so my appointment was really closer to 9.  That was good because that meant I could go by the bakery and get some pastries and then come home and have some coffee with my husband.

I get down to the clinic and wait to be called, they checked all my vitals and I went to wait again for the doctor.  I really like my doctor I have here.  She very nice, patient, understanding, and knows a lot of English.  I told her everything that was going on, she went over my biopsy report again to refresh her memory; after all she sees a lot of people.  I told her about the pain I am having and how my voice is getting worse.  She listened to my lungs, felt my thyroid, and then we talked.  With the way the system is, her hands are kind of tied right now.  She can’t send me in through the emergency department unless I can’t eat or drink.  She may be able to if the pain becomes unbearable though.  So, back to the waiting game.  I ended up finally breaking down and crying, which caused more pain.  I think this is the first time that I have actually cried about it.  I told her that I have been trying to stay strong for my family and not letting them know how freaked out I really am about the whole thing.  She said that they should be strong for me.  I did agree, but I have always been this way and for many years I was a single mom and had to be strong for the kid.  She asked me how I was sleeping, I told her not well.  Not only does my neck hurt but I have back problems too.  I will be sleeping good tonight with what she prescribed for me.  We went over my allergies again, that list keeps getting longer.  I’m allergic to almost all narcotics, fish, and cherries.  The older I get, the more allergies that seem to be developing.  That is something else we will have to look into after the thyroid gets taken care of because it’s sounding like an autoimmune type of disease.  Anyways, I got my meds and a shot in the hip and was on my way home.  Total time was about two hours, the pharmacy is right inside the clinic so that saves a trip.  Total out of pocket expense today, $0.  Yup, everything is covered.

I get back home and tell my husband everything that happened.  He said he wish he would have gone with me so he could have drove back after my shot.  It kind of hurt to clutch on the way home.  He gave me a big hug and held me for a long time; he then asked where I would like to go Pokemon hunting today!  That made me laugh and put a smile on my face.  Yes, I have been doing the Pokemon Go, but only to get more Pokemon than my daughter.  I told him maybe tomorrow as my butt still hurts and I got up early today.  So here I am with a large cat in my lap cuddling on me and purring, I think he is trying to cheer me up also.  But I do wonder what is going on my area, two of my neighbors had their thyroids removed and I met another lady today who is having problems.  Makes me wonder, but my biological mother had hers removed and I grew up close to a uranium processing plant that leaked.  I think I was doomed from the start.  Oh well.  Until mañana, Pura Vida!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s